Work Eligibility

As per the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 it is an offence for Caresoft Global Limited to offer work to anyone over the age of 16 who has no right to work in the UK, therefore Caresoft Global Limited will ask you to provide us with proof of your eligibility to work in the UK before you can commence working with us or our Clients.

To provide an identity check we will ask for two copies of any of the following:

  • Valid passport
  • UK Birth Certificate
  • Driving Licence
  • 2 copies of a utility bill showing current name and address

To perform an eligibility to work check we will ask for two copies of any of the following:

  • Valid passport
  • UK Birth Certificate
  • Work Permit issued by the UK Border Agency
  • Resident permit issued by the UK Border Agency
  • Letter issued by the UK Border Agency indicating indefinite leave to remain

Types of Visa

Tier 1 - General

Tier 1 general is now closed to new applicants. However, it is still relevant as it is possible for people who are already in the United Kingdom under this category to extend their leave and also to apply for settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) after having completed 5 years in this category or in combination with other categories. Source UK

Tier 2 - General Visa

This allows a person to work in a skilled role for a specified UK employer. There are restrictions on other employment or business activities. A job offer is required for this category. The UK employer must hold a valid sponsorship licence. This will allow the employer to generate a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to that person. This is specific to that person and the type of work undertaken. Tier 2 is split into four sub-categories: General Intra Company Transfer Sportsperson Minister of Religion. Source Permits 2 Work

Dependency Visa

Eligibility Requirements

To apply for a Dependency Visa you must be related to a person who is present and settled in the UK in one of the following ways:

  • Parent aged 18 years or over
  • Grandparent
  • Brother or sister over the age of 18
  • Son or daughter over the age of 18

In addition to qualifying as a related person, you must also need to show that, as a result of age, illness or disability, you require long-term personal care that can only be provided by your UK sponsor. The sponsor must be able to demonstrate that they can provide the care in the UK and without assistance from the government.

Dependent of a Person With a UK visa

You may qualify for a residence permit if you are the spouse, unmarried partner or child under the age of 18, of a UK visa holder. Separate rules are applicable depending on the type of UK visa held by the person on whom you are dependent.
Please note: Before your application can be approved you will need to show that the person in the UK on whom you wish to become dependent has the means and is willing to support you and any of your dependents who will travel with you.

Ancestral Visa

Candidates who are Commonwealth Citizens and have a grandparent born either in the UK or the associated Islands (Isle of Man, Channel Islands) may be eligible to apply for an ancestral visa. This visa allows a candidate to work in the UK free from restriction for a period of up to 5 years. Once the candidate completes a 5 year stay in the UK, they may be eligible to apply to remain indefinitely as long as they are able to satisfy the immigration requirements with it.

Tier 4 - Student Visa

A Tier 4 sponsor is an educational institution that provides courses of study for students. In order to obtain a licence as a Tier 4 sponsor, private educational institutions will need to provide evidence that they hold a valid accreditation from and accreditation body approved by the Home Office or that they have passed an inspection by the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted). Source Matchtech

Should you require any further detail please contact Mel Scott by email at [email protected]